As one season finishes; attention turns to winter nets for cricket clubs and schools across the county. For many, finding a local facility to train in over the winter can be tricky and often the pitches are not realistic to train on … this is where the world’s most versatile wicket, the 2G Flicx Pitch really comes into its own. Here are the top 5 reasons why the pitch is the best performing cricket mat for your Indoor Winter Nets…
?️This is how easy it is to set up two 2G Flicx Pitch Eagle-Eyed Batting Ends for Indoor Nets #cricket
— Flicx Pitch (@FlicxPitch) October 4, 2017
- Performance – With the 2G Flicx Pitch you get improved pace and bounce compared to traditional roll out synthetic cricket mats. The Flicx Pitch doesn’t corrugate or wave so there is no movement or slide or requirement to tape the mat down. The properties of the new and improved Flicx Pitch mean the surface is softer, offers more grip (and takes spin) and will give players of all age and ability, good bounce so a realistic training session can take place.
- Logistics – The 2G Flicx Pitch comes as two batting ends which clip and zip together in the middle. You can quickly and easily roll up and roll out the pitch and its stored rolled up on its end so doesn’t take up much space.
- Improve your Game – Colour coded coaching zones are added to our 2G Flicx Skills and Eagle- eyed pitches to improve bowling accuracy and to help up skill players over the off season. Batters can also use the targets to judge line and length and aid decision making.
- Ball Friendly – Use leather cricket balls, bowling machine balls or soft cricket balls on the 2G Flicx Pitch so you can play either soft ball or hand ball cricket
- Cost Effective – The 2G Flicx Pitch has a very long life span (if correctly stored) versus a synthetic cricket mat which typically need replacing every season or two. It also works out at roughly 1/3 of the price of an NTP plus you can use the pitch indoors during the winter then take the same pitch outdoors in the summer season rolling it out on a grass field, synthetic surface or in the nets (Check out all the applications of the world’s most versatile cricket pitch)
‘’The 2G Flicx cricket pitch is a great solution for indoor winter nets allowing you to convert gymnasiums and halls that have both wooden and synthetic sprung floors into indoor cricket facilities. In trials and tests we have seen improved performance with regards to pace and bounce off the wicket with the 2G Flicx pitch delivering a more realistic batting and bowling experience. In addition spin bowlers have been surprised by the fact that they can now generate some turn off the pitch when giving the ball some flight and a good rip. Comments from batsmen have been very positive as they can now play both back foot and front foot shots’’ says Flicx UK Business Development Manager, Ashley Appleby
NB- Performance of the 2G Flicx Pitch indoors on wooden and synthetic surfaces has shown an increase in bounce making the experience more realistic, we have however found that in certain situations the sprung floor can cause there to be variable bounce depending on the construction of the under surface and springs, in consultation with Cricket masters and coaches this has however still been an improvement on what they used previously. To negate steep bounce on hard concrete surfaces we recommend using a 5mm shock pad under the 2G Flicx pitch
Simon Francis, Head of Cricket at Warwick School purchased Flicx Pitches last year – “The 2G Flicx skills pitch has been a fantastic addition for our cricketers for their winter training. Both batters and bowlers have benefited from more visual cues and targets, both individually and against each other. For our coaches it creates lots of opportunities to create challenges for bowlers and batsmen, as well as making it easier to judge where the ball pitched more easily.” Read the Warwick School Case Study
Until the end of November, Flicx UK have a special offer running for all UK, US and EU customers. Buy two Skills or Eagle-Eyed batting ends before the end of November 2017 and get a free Flicx safety trolley. Contact Ash on 01295 816765 or visit the website to Get a Quote.