The 2G Flicx Pitch is supplied in two half pitch rolls for ease of transportation and use. Each roll can be used in the nets as a batting end or rolled out on the outfield for junior games OR zipped together in the middle to form your 2G Flicx Match Pitch.
The 2G Flicx Pitch is a portable solution so we recommend you unroll your pitch after use each time and store UPRIGHT on its end in two rolls. Do not roll the whole pitch up in one roll. Once you have identified a firm, flat area to roll the pitch, use the Flicx Safety trolley to move both rolls to the site – you will need to roll out both rolls from the middle to the end. Once the pitch is rolled out, it is hard to move and could cause tile damage so what we recommend is that you follow the video below in which our business development manager Ashley Appleby shows you …
How to align the pitch rolls
How to clip the two rolls together
How to roll out the pitch to create the full 2G Flicx Match Pitch
As it’s currently pre-season for clubs and schools in the UK and northern hemisphere, this episode of #AskAsh covers what you need to do to prepare your ground ahead of laying a 2G Flicx Pitch …
The advice from Flicx UK Business Development Manager Ashley Appleby in this episode centres around the application of a 2G Flicx Pitch on grass. Particularly covering how to use it to add facilities to an existing ground for example, using the 2G Flicx Pitch as a second wicket to extend the cricket season (see Bute CCC case study for an example of a club in Scotland using our product as an all weather solution) and also when rolling out the 2G Flicx Pitch on the outfield for nets or to host multiple junior cricket matches. In terms of installing, the 2G Flicx Pitch is very quick and easy to use and if you follow the five pointers below you can achieve a realistic playing surface when laying it on grass…
1. IDENTIFY | Select a firm, flat area 22 x 2m on your grass field where you lay your 2G Flicx Pitch. Put on your gloves.
2. PREPARE | Cut the grass short in this area. Grass should be cut to 10-15mm with shorter grass giving you optimum performance Fill all diverts with a similar compact-able soil to the base surface and level off any high spots. Rolling is recommended for optimum
performance before each use.
3. PLACE | Position your two strapped pitch rolls in the middle of the strip. The 2G Flicx Match Pitch is rolled from the middle to the two opposite creases so place both rolls parallel to each other with the ends facing each other and remove the straps. Do not unroll the
4. ROLL OUT | Make fine adjustments to align the connectors. This should be done when the two sections are still rolled up. Once all the connectors are correctly positioned, clip the two batting ends together. Roll the two batting ends out from the middle to the creases.
5. WAIT | Your 2G Flicx Pitch needs time to settle. We advise rolling out your 2G Flicx Pitch 30-45 minutes prior to each use. Failure to do this may result in low, uneven bounce at the start of play.