Interest in the 2G Flicx Pitch is at a record high in Australia with significant upgrades in the 2G tile creating a softer, more versatile wicket which produces a consistent bounce on various under surfaces. In Australia, with changes to junior cricket formats on the horizon, the 2G Flicx Pitch allows an oval to be split into 3 or 4 junior games whilst councils can host cricket at grounds which haven’t been able to host cricket before; maximising usage.
Despite the distance of over 10,000 miles; the process to ship a 2G Flicx Pitch from the UK to Australia is fairly quick and simple as Logistics Manager Gary Luke explains…
“There are currently two options for a prospective customer in Australia; sea freight or air freight. Air Freight typically costs $1,000-1,400 AUD but has the speed benefit of meaning you could be playing within two weeks of your order being placed however the more cost-effective solution is sea freight.”
SPECIAL OFFER – Flicx UK offer FREE sea freight to port to all Australian customers to all major ports*. For door to door air freight we make a £300 ($500 AUD) contribution towards the total TNT Economy price which varies slightly depending on location**
SEA FREIGHT process…
- Flicx UK arrange pitch dispatch (after customer payment is received) with our couriers
- Transit is typically 35 days at sea
- Once the pitch docks (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth or Brisbane) our appointed Australian freight forwarder will contact the customer.
- Paperwork provided by Flicx UK (Invoice, Packing List, Aussie Packing Declaration, Bill of Lading) will need to be sent by the customer to the freight forwarder
- Clearance costs will need to be paid by the customer (Australian GST – 15%, Duty – 5%, Custom Clearance – approximately $175 AUD and the local delivery charge. Pitch Delivered!
AIR FREIGHT process….
- Flicx UK will arrange pitch dispatch (after customer payment is received)
- Pitch sent via TNT Economy service (door to door). The cost is typically $1,000-1,400 AUD of which Flicx UK will contribute $500 AUD**.
- TNT will phone the customer prior to delivery for the Australia GST and Duty payment (15% GST and 5% Duty)
- The pitch will be delivered. Time of process is around 7-10 days from dispatch
As you can see from the above steps, you don’t need any detailed import experience or shipping knowledge to get your pitch into Australia and the Flicx UK team will be in communication with you every step of the way to guide you and send you the relevant paperwork. Obviously, you will need to factor in uncleared costs (GST, duty for Air freight and adding custom clearance and local delivery for sea freight) into your 2G Flicx Pitch costings but still the 2G Flicx Pitch provides excellent value for money and a great versatile surface solution for clubs, schools and even back yards.
To get a bespoke quote click the link below or to request a call back to speak to one of our expert team just complete the short form at http://www.flicx.co.uk/quotewebsite/request-a-call-back/
** Our door to door air freight contribution is dependent on exchange rates but is £300 converted into AUD at the time of purchase (around $500 AUD at time of writing). All costs quoted in this article as correct as of 21/02/2018