For many cricket enthusiasts, January see’s the start of preparations for the new cricket season with many heading indoors for winter nets. For many clubs and indoor venues such as school sportshall’s, the 2G Flicx Pitch can provide a value for money, facility upgrade and the pitch performance is far superior compared to heavy, synthetic mats often used.
The benefits of using the 2G Flicx Pitch Indoors
- Increased ball bounce for slower bowlers (and it takes spin too)
- The pitch has great longevity – and doesn’t need replacing yearly like synthetic mats
- The 2G Flicx Pitch can be rolled up and stored on their ends which frees up space
- Rolls out flat without any waves so again you can be sure of a consistent bounce and a safe surface on which to train
- Customers can choose from either a traditional green batting end OR a coaching design to develop skills of younger players
- Schools and clubs can add their branding to the 2G Flicx Pitch OR a sponsors logo can be added to help you fund the purchase
The photo’s above were taken by Simon Francis, Master in charge of Cricket at Warwick School. Warwick School purchased two 2G Flicx Skills batting ends at the end of 2016 to roll out over their sprung sportshall floor. For the first time, they were able to host the district trials and Francis has noticed a big improvement in the quality of their programme.
“The 2G Flicx skills pitch has been a fantastic addition for our cricketers for their winter training. Both batters and bowlers have benefited from more visual cues and targets, both individually and against each other. For our coaches it creates lots of opportunities to create challenges for bowlers and batsmen, as well as making it easier to judge where the ball pitched more easily. It has created excitement for the young bowlers as something new and interesting to interact with. We are looking forward to using these for our practices and cricket matches in the summer”
With Flicx being the world’s most versatile cricket pitch, the same pitch that you use indoors during the winter, can also be used outside in the summer. Link two matting ends together to create a full pitch or lay them on the outfield to increase your junior capacity. Roll them out in the nets or on an artificial pitch to convert it into a cricketing venue – the options are vast and very little preparation and maintenance is required.